Clients, unable to travel or who live remotely, may consider a Skype private clinical hypnotherapy session as an alternative to a personal therapy session in my office. Skype therapy works exactly the same way as face to face hypnotherapy.
It is a great alternative for an office visit that allows you to relax in your home, feeling safe and comfortable.
Once you have Skype set up on your computer you can find me, Kristine Stewart, as a Skype contact. An initial free session may be used as a test session to ensure that any technical challenges are worked out. Technical challenges might include ensuring a good connection, audio and video quality.
The cost of a Skype therapy session, after our initial test session, is the same as a Private Therapy Session with payment due prior to each session.
Hypnotherapy is teamwork! You will help me to help you. Just as every individual is unique so too are the challenges that a person may choose to work on. Skype therapy sessions typically last between one and one and half hours long. While some people may only require a single session others may require a few sessions to achieve lasting results.
In your first session we will typically:
- Discuss the presenting symptoms or issue that brought you here as well as your goals
- Chat about any questions you may have about the process
- Establish a plan customized specifically for you
- Determine the number of sessions your plan may require
- Introduce you to hypnosis (time allowing)
In subsequent sessions we will follow your therapy plan. In doing so, I may use a variety of proven hypnotherapeutic tools which may include:
- Regression therapy to help determine the cause of presenting symptoms or mental blocks
- Stories, imagery, metaphors, reframing or direct suggestions
- Reinforcement of learning for lasting results
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy; or
- Self- hypnosis audio recordings as a self- care tool to strengthen change.
We will likely do much of your therapy while you are under hypnosis. You will experience this relaxing state while feeling very aware. In this state you will let your conscious mind take a rest while we access your subconscious mind. With access to your subconscious mind we in turn can access your memories, your perceptions of events, etc. to help you understand and resolve issues you are currently experiencing in life.